Tips for choosing your mattress
Do you wake up every morning feeling fresh and well rested? A good night’s sleep is vital for your health and wellbeing - the correct mattress can help with this. It is important that your mattress gives you the support and comfort that you need. This guide will help you to gain an overview of the range of mattresses available at JYSK. Why not come and visit your nearest JYSK store and speak to a member of staff, we are always ready to help - Just Ask!
What to consider and test when buying a new mattress
You may want to print this list by clicking on the sign below and take it with you on your next visit to a JYSK store.
- Size: The mattress should be at least 10 cm longer than you and as wide as possible.
- Is the mattress for you and your partner? If yes, then you both should test it.
- Do you suffer from allergies? If so, a foam mattress may be the best choice for you.
- Moisture: We perspire throughout the night. To help protect your mattress a top mattress or mattress pad can help.
- Do you often have your children in the bed? If so, it is a good idea to opt for a wide mattress.
- Do you read in bed? If so, an adjustable bed may be a good solution for you.
- Test the firmness of the mattress: Remove your coat and shoes and give yourself plenty of time. Lie in the same position that you would at home.
- Lie on your back: Is your lower back supported? Mattresses must follow the back's natural contours. If you feel an empty space beneath your back, then this mattress is too firm.
- Lie on your side: Do your shoulders and hips sink into the mattress? Your waist should be supported so that your spine remains horizontal.
- Turn over: Is it easy to turn over? If not, this mattress is too soft.
Some mattresses are roll compressed, for convenient home transport. Due to the pressure of the compressed rolling, it may take 3-5 days for the mattress to return to its normal size. The mattress can be used shortly after being unwrapped.
The foam and textile material may have an odour from the roll compressed packaging, which should disappear shortly after using the mattress. Airing, vacuuming and pressing the air out of the mattress will help to eliminate the odour quicker.